Wednesday, January 30, 2013

burger bandits




Description of Vietnam War

The Vietnam war lasted from 1959 until 1975. Its main cause was that the United states
wanted to prevent the spread of communism in Vietnam. 
The war was fought in Vietnam. The area is very dense in jungle so the American
soldiers had more difficulty getting through. This however was an advantage to the
Vietnamese. They had a lot of booby traps and surprise attacks. 


Monologue

Our job was to guard the village Phu Da. My first night there, a report came in that an

attack from Vietnamese soldiers was coming to wipe us out. When they came, I was so

scared, this was the first attack I experienced. Luckily, it started to pour, and we were

saved from that attack. There were many other attacks like that. we soon were only left

with five marines. When we went out for patrol, we would have to go through the terrain

of swamps and jungles. One time there was a little girl riding a water buffalo in the rice

fields. There had been placed a booby trap and a mine exploded the both of them. I just

remember people running to and from the village collecting the buffalo meat and selling

it in the market.

I had a dream one night that there was an attack and two marines were killed. I woke

up scared to death and could not go back to sleep. The next morning I asked to switch

patrols with another marine, being still terrified from my nightmare. While standing

guard in the village, a report came over the radio. The men who went on patrol had

stepped on a booby trap. I instantly started panicking. I wanted to run to them but I was

told to stay in the village. They both were killed. I could not get over this incident. I had

previously stepped on a booby trap that week. However, it did not go off. I had gotten so

lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment